To coordinate security functions within the company premises, and carry out security investigative assignments whenever necessary.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement efficient and effective security systems, plans and policies for the company in close liaison with the Head of HR & Administration.
- Identify, develop and implement security risk management strategies for all Company premises and operations.
- Responsible for ALL company security systems including CCTV, Alarms, Biometric systems and outsourced security providers supervision.
- Plan and effectively supervise the work of both company and contracted security firm.
- Establish and sustain close partnerships with internal company departments to develop a continuous comprehensive security risk management plan.
- Conduct training/briefing on safety and security procedures to ensure personnel and visitors are familiar with and adhere to security guidelines and precautions.
- Support law enforcement agencies while carrying out investigations on reported loss of company property and any other criminal offences.
- Maintain security records and examine the gate registers to monitor traffic flow into and out of the Company premises.
- Effectively ensure safe custody of all Company assets within Company premises, and to identify vulnerabilities and give security advisory.
- Provide the outsourced Company security guards on-the-job training.
- Develop and sustain close partnerships with external stakeholders i.e. Law enforcement, regulatory bodies and community leaders on intelligence sharing.
- Prepare and submit monthly security reports and any other report that may be required from time to time.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Job holder must possess: –
- Diploma in Security Management or any other security related course
- Served for a minimum of three (3) years in reputable security firm or disciplined force with excellent discharge recommendation.
- KCSE Certificate with at least minimum C- (Minus)
- Professional courses in security management is an added advantage.
- A valid certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya Police is a must.
Competencies and attributes in the following areas
- Possess leadership skills in the development and implementation of a security management plan, security processes, policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with the use of high-tech security systems. Know-how in CCTV control rooms a must.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills with the ability to document investigative steps and conclusions effectively, in a clear, concise and professional manner.
- Knowledge in computer applications.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration, e-mail and telephone contacts of three referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience and quoting the Job title: “Security Officer” on your application letter. To be considered, your application must be received on email on or by Wednesday 6th December 2023 addressed to:
Talent Sourcing Manager,
Sheer Logic Management Consultants Limited,