HCS Affiliates Group is a Nairobi based, human resources solutions provider whose clients include a range of organizations in various sectors within the region.
Our client, Kenya Tea Packers Ltd (KETEPA) has been the leading tea blending, packaging and distribution company in Kenya for 44 years with added capability to undertake custom branding and contract packaging. They have over 50 products which include black tea, flavored tea, green tea, purple tea, white tea, orthodox tea, herbal infusions and bottled water. Due to their continued growth and success, they are seeking to recruit highly competent and outstanding individual to fill the following position:
Job Title: Sales Representative
Department: Sales and Distribution
Reports to: Area Sales Manager
Purpose of the Job
Ensure achievement of sales, marketing, availability, and visibility in the territory by proper execution of Sales, Marketing and Trade Programme activities in support of the Area Sales Manager.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1.Operational Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure achievement of volume/brand mix targets, availability, visibility, quality and
customer price are within predetermined parameters.
- Ensure that objectives in terms of availability, volume and customer price of products
- Regularly update customer database of all area customer information and stock
- Ensure customer satisfaction in terms of sales in the territory.
- Adherence to internal credit control systems and policies.
- Manage and ensure maximum utilization of assigned company resources
- Analyse and provide suggestions to the Area Sales Manager on Marketing systems.
- Identify, monitor and minimize commercial risk
2. Perform any other relevant duties that may be assigned by the supervisor within the
scope of the position.
Key Result Areas:
The accountability areas are as follows;
- Development of key market shareholding
- Attainment of monthly sales targets
- Ensure customer satisfaction in the designated area
- Gather, analyse and maximise potential growth areas
- Effective utilization of assigned company resources
- Effective cost exposure and control
Knowledge and Skills Required:
The job holder must possess
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business related field
- Minimum of two (2) years of sales experience
- Proficiency in computer use
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic brands
- Strong selling and negotiation skills
- Good written and oral reporting skills
- Valid driving licence with actual driving experience
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their updated CV and cover letter (indicating why you feel you would be a good fit) with a day –time Telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with Sales Representative on the Subject line. Only shortlisted will be contacted.
For more information on the full job and person profile, application procedure and minimum requirements, please visit KETEPA website: https://www.ketepa.com/careers/
Our Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer.