Our client, Kenya Tea Packers Ltd (KETEPA) has been the leading tea blending, packaging and distribution company
in Kenya for 44 years with added capability to undertake custom branding and contract packaging. Due to their
continued growth and success, they are seeking to recruit highly competent and outstanding individual to fill the
Business Data Analyst position.
Identify and study key business data, statistics both internal and external from respective departments and help the
Head of Sales& Distribution understand the impact of the current Sales, Marketing and Distribution strategies.
Reports to: Head of Sales and Distribution
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyse sales data both internal and external and reporting the same to the Head of Sales & Distribution to
identify trends and performance.
- Monitor and share daily report on Iscala, BI, SFA,Fleet Management system, Route plans and validate the
itineraries, claims as per the approved route plans
- Provide demand sciences work within the regions, ensuring it is in alignment with company initiative.
- Provide forecasts to the Head of Sales & Distribution and other relevant departments.
- Collect test platform forecast and budget from relevant departments/managers for analysis
- Actively participate and support the transition of demand planning into sales culture.
- Develop, implement, and maintain leading-edge analytic systems, taking complicated problems and building
- Apply statistical and visualization techniques to derive insights, solve business problems, generate new
hypotheses about the underlying mechanics of business processes, and test these hypotheses using
- Understand existing and new data sources in KETEPA.
- Identify trends and opportunities for growth through analysis of complex data sets.
- Evaluate organizational methods and provide source-to-target mappings and information-model specification
documents for data sets.
- Create best-practice reports based on data mining, analysis, and visualization.
- Evaluate internal systems for efficiency, problems, and inaccuracies, developing and maintaining protocols for
handling, processing, and cleaning data.
- Work directly with management and users to gather requirements, provide status updates, and build
- Work closely with Head of Sales and Heads of Department to understand and maintain focus on their analytical needs, including identifying critical metrics and KPIs, and deliver actionable insights to relevant decision-
- Proactively analyze data to answer key questions from stakeholders or out of self-initiated curiosity with an eye
for what drives business performance, investigating and communicating areas for improvement in efficiency
- Create and maintain rich interactive visualizations through data interpretation and analysis integrating various
reporting components from multiple data sources.
Key Result Areas:
The accountability areas are as follows;
- Timely and accurate reports to Head of Sales &Distribution.
- Identification and capitalization of key improvement areas.
- Efficient cost-effective use of company resources.
- Effective support to the Head of Sales & Distribution on demand sciences.
- Timely sales forecast.
- Effective demand forecasting.
- Any other duty as may be required
Skills and Qualifications:
The job holder must possess;
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or Statistics.
- Academic and/or professional qualifications in Sales & Marketing will be an added advantage.
- Three (3) years’ experience as a market data analyst or similar statistical analytics role
- More than basic computer knowledge.
- Proven analytic skills, including mining, evaluation, analysis, and visualization.
- Technical writing experience in relevant areas, including queries, reports, and presentations.
- Strong SQL or Excel skills with the ability to learn other analytic tools.
- Practical experience in statistical analysis through the use of statistical packages including Excel, SPSS, and
- Prior Experience with Business Intelligence Tools (Qlik, Power Bi, Tableau)
- Proven success in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Proven experience with sales force automation software will be a plus.
- Proven experience in creating dashboards with the data source being any ERP system.
- Proven experience with Python or R programming languages desired but not a must.
- Ability to work well under pressure, working accurately with attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their updated CV and cover letter (indicating why
you feel you would be a good fit) with a day –time Telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
with Business Data Analyst on the Subject line. Only shortlisted will be contacted.