Benefits of Used Tea/Tea bags
- June 26, 2017
- Posted by: Laban Kipngeno
- Category: Uncategorized
- Neutralize Household Odour’s-Used tea is great for removing lingering odours from your home. Mix dried used tea leaves into cat litter. Store pre-brewed tea bags in the refrigerator to keep it smelling fresh. Drop a few dry used tea bags into the bottom of your trash bins to neutralize bad smells before they can escape into your kitchen.
- Degrease Dirty Dishes-Soak your dishes in warm water with a couple of used tea bags to break up grease without the application of harsh chemicals. The tea will also help to loosen any stuck on food and save you from the endless scrubbing.
- Soak Your Feet-Add used tea bags to warm water and soak your feet to neutralize foot odours, soften calluses, and nourish your skin.
- Soothe Irritated Skin-Cool, moist tea bags are an excellent way to naturally soothe skin irritations. Place them over sore, tired eyes to ease discomfort. Massage over sunburn to cool skin and reduce inflammation. Place against bruises to ease discomfort and help speed healing. Gently rub over stings and bites to draw out the toxins and lessen pain and swelling.
- Eliminate Bad Breath-Use twice-brewed tea to make an all-natural breath-freshening mouthwash. Simply brew up some weak tea using your used tea bags. (While this will work with many kinds of tea, ketepa pride mint flavoured and Jani green tea tend to work best.)
- Condition Hair-Brew up some weak tea with your used bags and use after your shampoo to condition and nourish your hair and scalp.
- Renew Wood Surfaces-Use weak tea made from pre-brewed bags to clean and shine hardwood floors and polish wood furniture.
- Homemade Glass Cleaner-Re-brew used tea bags and spray the weak tea onto windows, mirrors, and other glass surfaces to loosen up dirt, grime, fingerprints, and other gunk. Be sure to wipe away with a clean, lint-free cloth to minimize streaks and dust particles.
NB. Moist tea bags are kept at room temperature for a day at the most. You will want to refrigerate them to prevent mould and bacteria growth.