How To Bake With Tea:Healthy Lemon and Ginger Cake
- June 15, 2017
- Posted by: COLLINS KIPROP
- Category: Uncategorized
Ingredients[table id=1 /]
- Infuse both the lemon and ginger Ketepa flavoured tea bags in boiling water for at least 10 minutes then leave the water to cool for an hour.
- Pre-heat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the flaxseed with 8 tbsp water and leave to thicken up for a few minutes.
- Cream together the coconut oil and coconut sugar in a food processor.
- Combine the oat flour, ground almonds and ground ginger in a mixing bowl.
- Add the tea infused water to the bowl gradually, stirring as you do so.
- Then add the thickened flaxseed mixture, the creamed coconut oil and coconut sugar, the juice & zest of the lemon, the honey and baking powder. Mix well.
- Grease a loaf tin with coconut oil and pour the cake mixture into it.
- Place into the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes remove the cake from the oven and oven with tin foil, then place back into the oven for a further 15 minutes.
- Leave to cool for around 20 minutes before removing from the tin, cutting and digging in.